The MCRI Speaker Series, supported by HELP University, brings experts in fields related to children to specialised audiences as well as to the general public.
Local and international speakers will be presenting a range of topics related to current issues in child psychology, child rights and more.
Objectives of the Speaker Series are:
- To raise awareness on issues related to children in Malaysia
- To provide an opportunities for knowledge sharing about these issues
- To initiate dialogue and support action to bring about positive change for children in Malaysia
The Speakers Series is a step towards initiating concrete actions to serve the best interests of children in Malaysia.
Here’s a list of our 2013 Speaker Series:
- ‘Transforming the Child’s Brain’ on violence and youth with Dr. Jeff Sim
- ‘Introduction to Systematic Instruction – Starting them from Young’ on developing independence in the community and supported employment for people with special needs with Geoff Warner
- ‘Know the Signs: Act Early’ with Tan Cheng Yi
- ‘Advancing the Rights of Foreign Spouses of Malaysian Citizens & their Children’ with FSSG founder Bina Ramanand
- ‘Food for Life: The Effect of Infant Weaning Styles on Early Childhood Development’ with Dr. Nicola Pitchford
- ‘Preliminary Findings of Survey on Children’s Homes: Family Disintegration and Institutional Care of Children in Malaysia’ with Professor Marc Archer
For upcoming sessions, click here.